Is it possible to enter Vietnam during COVID 19 pandemic?
Due to the pandemic situation worldwide and particularly Vietnam, the Government closed national borders and canceled all international flights in March last year. It is POSSIBLE to entry but it would take a long and complicated process.
WHO CAN ENTRY NOW?
According to Vietnam Immigration Department, these following are able to enter Vietnam:
- Vietnamese repatriates.
- Foreign experts and highly-skilled workers and their relatives being fathers, mothers, spouses, and children.
Furthermore, foreigners who wish to enter must have a sponsor company or institution in Vietnam which will be responsible to get their entry permit issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Prepare required documents.
- Form NA2 issued together with Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA dated January 5, 2015 of the Minister of Public Security prescribed forms of papers in order to get the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
- A copy of a work permit or TRC (if any) and note it on the Request Form NA2.
- Original or certified copy of the Written Approval by the Provincial People’s Committee allowing the foreigners to enter Vietnam to carry out their employment, family members’ visit, study, and approving their transport and quarantine plans.
- Original or certified copy of the Written approval for quarantine issued by the People’s Committee of the Province where the quarantine is taking place in case it is different from the Province mentioned in item 3.
- Flight details if entering Vietnam via airport (including Flight Number, Flight Itinerary, and arrival airport). In case they are unknown at the time of submission, please notify the Immigration Department immediately after they are available.
- The sponsor company will need to make a quarantine plan and then send it to the Health Department to get its approval letter.
* If this is the first time to apply for Vietnam entry approval for foreigners by the sponsor company, the following documents should be added:
- Certified copy of Business Registration Certificate or Decision on Company Establishment issued by the competent authority
- Form NA16: Registered form of seal and signature of the legal representative of the enterprise operating in Vietnam.
The processing time is 25-30 working days since the receipt of full valid documents.
AFTER RECEIVING VIETNAM ENTRY PERMIT
The foreigners need to complete their COVID Test in 72 hours and certificated before departure as well as prepare arrangement of vehicles and hotel for quarantine. In case the foreigner experts have neither visa nor Temporary Residence Card yet, they will get their visa stamped on passport upon arrival at Vietnam checkpoint. Otherwise, they need to show their current valid visa or Temporary Residence Card. And then, they will follow the Vietnam entry and quarantine procedure.