Vietnam Visa Requirement for citizens of Hong Kong
Do Hong Kong passport holders need Visa to Vietnam?
If you are Hong Kong (Chinese) passports holders or Foreign passports holders currently residing in Hong Kong, you have a plan to take a visit Vietnam from Hong Kong, a visa to Vietnam must be prepared. This guide is for more information to have a Vietnam visa in Hong Kong.
How to apply Vietnam visa in Hong Kong?
There are two main options for travellers to get Vietnam visa from Hong Kong:
Option 1: Apply Visa at Consulate of Vietnam in Hong Kong
To apply Vietnam visa at Consulate of Vietnam in Hong Kong, some following documents you should prepare (Mandatory):
- The ordinary passport with 06 month validity (the travel document and emergency passport might be not approved);
- Application form;
- 02 passport photo with 4×6 cm size;
- Visa fee;
- Introduction letter from the trading company based in Vietnam (if you wish to apply business visa);
- An envelope with address (to get your passport back via Post);
Note: Documents might be changed due to the policy of Embassy; you should contact Embassy before submission.
Consulate General of the S.R. of Vietnam in Hong Kong
- Address: 15/F., Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: +852 2835 9318/ 2591 4510
- Fax: +852-2591-4524
- Email: [email protected]
- Office Hours: 09.30-13.00 and 14.30-17.30
Option 2: Apply e-Visa Online (Recommended)
Electronic visa (e-Visa) is a type of visa issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam to foreigners through the electronic system. Vietnam e-Visa is a single-entry visa that allows the e-Visa holder to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 consecutive days.
Why issue an e-Visa?
- No need to queue at the airport when waiting for the stamp;
- No extra stamping fee;
- No need to bring a photograph of yourself for visa purposes;
- Visitors with an e-Visa to Vietnam can enter Vietnam through one of 28 international border gates;
- It is not required to go to the embassy;
- The whole process is online – once your application is approved, all you have to do is to print out your e-Visa and present it at the airport. That is all!
How to apply Vietnam e-Visa?
- Fill out the online application form
- Confirmation and payment
- Get your e-Visa approval email