Vietnam Visa Requirement for citizens of Australia
Do Australia passport holders need Visa to Vietnam?
If you are Australian passports holders or Foreign passports holders currently residing in Australia, you have a plan to take a visit Vietnam from Australia, a visa to Vietnam must be prepared. This guide is for more information to have a Vietnam visa in Australia.
How to apply Vietnam visa in Australia?
There are two main options for travellers to get Vietnam visa from Australia:
Option 1: Apply Visa at Embassy of Vietnam in Australia
To apply Vietnam visa at Vietnamese Embassy in Australia, some following documents you should prepare (Mandatory):
- The ordinary passport with 06 month validity (the travel document and emergency passport might be not approved);
- Application form;
- 02 passport photo with 4×6 cm size;
- Visa fee;
- Introduction letter from the trading company based in Vietnam (if you wish to apply business visa);
- An envelope with address (to get your passport back via Post);
Note: Documents might be changed due to the policy of Embassy; you should contact Embassy before submission.
Vietnamese Embassy in Canberra, Australia
- Address: 6 Timbarra Cresent, O’Malley, ACT, Canberra 2606, Australia.
- Tel: +61 2 6169 4916/ 6169 4915
- Fax: +61 2 6286 4534
- Email: [email protected]
Vietnamese Consulate in Sydney, Australia
- Address: Suite 205, Level 2 Edgecliff Centre 203 – 233 New South Head, Road Edgecliff – NSW 2027
- Tel: +61 2 9327 2539/ 9327 1912
- Fax : +61 2 9328 1653
- Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Consulate General of Vietnam in Perth, Australia
- Address: 8th Floor, No.16, St.Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Tel: +61 8 9221 1158
- Fax: (+61) 8 9225 6881
- Email: [email protected]v.vn, [email protected]
Option 2: Apply Visa on arrival (Recommended)
Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA) is also known as landing visa. It is available for those who are living in Australia and take the flight to Vietnam. The applicants are not necessary to submit any documents at Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. You just need to choose the type of visa you wish and follow these simple online steps:
- Step 1: Complete the online visa application form and payment.
- Step 2: Receive the pre-approval letter via email within 2 working days or other urgent services based on your demand.
- Step 3: Prepare required documents to pick up visa stamp upon arrival at Vietnam international airport.
+(*) Required documents: The print out of pre-approval letter, passport, 01 copy of entry and exit form,02 passport photos and stamp fee;
+Visa on arrival is just applied for air-travellers;
+Visa on arrival fee: the service fee for pre-approval letter paid online and stamp fee paid in cash upon arrival at Vietnam international airport;