Vietnam Entry Permit during Pandemic Covid-19
When Vietnam has significantly changed its accession policy as well as its economic development strategy, which is making great efforts to fight the pandemic.
Since March 22, 2020, the Vietnamese government has stopped suspending all entry of foreigners to ensure the safety of citizens till open again. In order to keeping the economy stable as Vietnam’s main goals, Vietnam still allows foreigners on diplomatic government officials and international experts to enter amid the pandemic. However, they must have an entry permit to Vietnam to enter the country legally.
For those who might want to know more about Vietnam entry permit, please continue read this post and share it to your friends if you find it useful.
About Vietnam entry permit
What is a Vietnam entry permit?
A Vietnam entry permit is a special permit issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, which also known as Vietnam approval letter. Its owner is allowed to enter Vietnam during Covid-19 for a specific period of time.
In addition, eligible international visitors to Vietnam must obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival during the pandemic.
Below is a sample of the Vietnam entry permit.
People who are eligible to apply for a permit to enter Vietnam
Who is eligible to apply for a Vietnam entry permit?
Because Vietnam still closed to foreign tourists in the context of the “new normal”, you are eligible to apply for a Vietnam entry permit if you are under the following circumstances:
- Foreigners are diplomats, experts, investors, business managers, high-tech workers and their relatives;
- Individuals are invited to participate by agencies or organizations lawfully operating in Vietnam;
- Foreign students come to Vietnam to study.
Conditions for applying for a visa to enter Vietnam during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Have a guarantee company in Vietnam;
- Having full medical conditions as prescribed by Vietnam;
- Not subject to the temporary suspension of entry permits due to coming from a country where the Covid-19 epidemic is too stressful.
To successfully apply for a Vietnam entry permit to visit Vietnam during Covid-19, you are obliged to follow the following requirements:
- You must be invited or sponsored by a company or organization legally operating in Vietnam. The respective company or organization will be responsible for doing the paperwork and getting the entry permit for you;
- You must get approval from the Department of Health of Vietnam before applying for an entry permit to Vietnam.
Vietnam Entry Permit Fee?
How to apply Vietnam Entry Permit during Covid-19?
In general, the procedure for applying for an entry permit to Vietnam is more complicated than that of applying for a visa. However, most of the steps are taken by your sponsoring company or organization.
Step 1: Apply for written approval of the need to employ foreign workers
Before applying for permission to enter Vietnam, the inviting enterprise needs to obtain approval of the need to use foreign workers from the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs of the province where the guarantor’s head office is located.
If your inviting company has been duly approved for the need to employ foreign workers, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Apply for approval from the Provincial People’s Committee
Next, your inviting company must submit to the People’s Committee of the province where the company is located to approve the need to use foreign workers. This step is necessary to obtain an entry approval letter from the Provincial People’s Committee allowing you to enter Vietnam to work.
Step 3: Get permission from the Department of Health
After obtaining the above two written approvals, your sponsoring company must obtain permission from the Department of Health. This is a required step to get the quarantine plan approved upon your arrival.
Step 4: Apply for a Vietnam entry permit
After completing the above steps, your company or organization will apply for your entry permit.
- Valid scanned copy of foreigner’s passport;
- Job application for foreigners (NA2 form);
- Valid copy of visa or temporary residence card (if any);
- Scanned copy of diploma or certificate of 3-5 years’ work experience (if any).
Your sponsoring company or organization will also prepare the following documents:
- Notarized copy of business registration certificate, investment license;
- A document certifying the signature and seal of an authorized person of the organization (form NA16); your flight details;
- The original or a copy with a notarized written approval of the People’s Committee of the province;
- Quarantine confirmation booking standard accommodation from 3 to 5 stars;
- Valid health insurance or the inviting unit commits to cover all medical expenses in case you are infected with Covid-19 in Vietnam.
Where can I apply the documents?
Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security:
- Headquarters: No. 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Dien Bien Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City
- No. 333-335-337 Nguyen Trai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City) Chi Minh.
Processing time will range from 5-8 working days excluding holidays or weekends.
Procedures for entering Vietnam
After receiving the entry ticket for foreigners, the guarantor will support you to enter Vietnam. For everyone’s safety, you must fully comply with the regulations on immigration and quarantine procedures.
Specifically, when you land at Vietnam’s international airport (visa pick-up location is clearly indicated on the entry paper), you will be disinfected and cleaned for Covid-19 before entry.
Next is getting your visa. If nothing out of the ordinary after your Covid-19 check, you will proceed to the landing visa counter to receive your visa on arrival stamped on your passport.
After you get your visa, you will be taken to a quarantine hotel arranged by your host before your flight to Vietnam.
Due to the complicated situation of Covid-19 in Vietnam, the Ministry of Health has officially announced the increase of the quarantine period from 14 to 21 days on May 5, 2021 for all visitors. And please note that the Vietnamese government may extend the quarantine period or request travel restrictions after the quarantine period if necessary to reduce the risk of disease spread.
Currently, Vietnam has not issued vaccine passports nor has any decision regarding entry regulations for vaccine passport holders/vaccination certificates. Therefore, whether you have a vaccine passport or not, you will still have to check on entry and quarantine for 21 days.
Once the Covid-19 vaccine is fully available around the world, you will be able to visit Vietnam without an entry permit again. If you have any questions about applying for a visa on arrival to Vietnam, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of visa I will get?
The visa you will get is a business visa with 1 or 3 months validity. After 3 months you will be able to renew it for another 3 months inside Vietnam (no need to exit Vietnam). You can get work permit if you are under the sponsor of your current company.
If the visa letter has a 3-month validity, when can I come to Vietnam after I get the visa letter?
The visa letter is valid for 3 months. During these 3 months, you can enter Vietnam whenever you want, but we highly suggest you come to Vietnam soon as possible, remember the visa will be expired even you do not use it anytime.
What else do I need to do to come to Vietnam besides the paperwork?
You will need to take an RT-PCR COVID TEST before you come to Vietnam. The test will need to be taken at most 72 hours before you come to Vietnam.
Do i need to pay the stamping fee at the airport?
Yes, i do.
About the stamping fee:
- For 1 month visa entry: USD 25
- For 3 month visa entry: USD 50
Can i apply without having a sponsor company?
I affair you can not apply without a sponsor company, due to the pandemic, the only expert can enter Vietnam, please read all information from our website carefully before applying.