How to Reach Vietnam from Taiwan – Have a Worthy Experience!
If you’re looking for an adventure, then Vietnam is a great destination to explore. With its rich culture, beautiful landscapes, and delicious cuisine, it’s no wonder why Vietnam is becoming a popular tourist destination. If you want to travel from Taiwan to Vietnam, this article will provide you with some useful information on how to reach Vietnam from Taiwan.
1. Who can travel to Vietnam from Taiwan?
With Taiwanese passport holder, you need a visa to enter Vietnam. You can apply for a visa at the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Taiwan. Alternatively, you can also apply for an e-visa or obtain a visa on arrival if you meet the requirements. It is recommended to check the latest visa requirements and procedures before traveling.
2. What are the modes of transportation available from Taiwan to Vietnam?
There are several modes of transportation available from Taiwan to Vietnam:
- Air travel: The most convenient way to get to Vietnam from Taiwan is by air. There are direct flights available from major Taiwanese cities like Taipei and Kaohsiung to major Vietnamese cities like Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
- Train travel: While there is no direct train service available between Taiwan and Vietnam, it is possible to take a train from Taiwan to China and then take another train from China to Vietnam. This option requires multiple transfers and takes significantly longer than flying.
- Bus travel: It is not possible to take a bus directly from Taiwan to Vietnam due to the South China Sea in between. However, you can take a bus from Taiwan to China and then another bus from China to Vietnam. This option also requires multiple transfers and takes longer than flying.
3. When is the best time to visit Vietnam?
The best time to visit Vietnam depends on your preferences and the specific regions you plan to visit. Generally, the country has a diverse climate, with regional variations.
The northern part of Vietnam experiences four distinct seasons, with cool winters and hot summers. The best time to visit this region is during spring (March to April) and autumn (September to November) when the weather is mild and pleasant.
Central Vietnam has a tropical climate, with hot and dry weather from February to August and heavy rainfall from September to January. The best time to visit this region is during the dry season, from February to August, when you can enjoy sunny days and explore popular destinations like Hoi An and Hue.
Southern Vietnam has a tropical climate with high humidity and two distinct seasons: dry season (December to April) and rainy season (May to November). The dry season is generally considered the best time to visit this region, as you can enjoy sunny weather and explore places like Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.
It’s important to note that weather patterns can vary, and it’s always a good idea to check the specific weather conditions for your intended travel dates and destinations.
4. How to book flights from Taiwan to Vietnam?
To book flights from Taiwan to Vietnam, you can follow these steps:
1. Start by conducting an online search for reputable airlines that operate flights between Taiwan and Vietnam. Some popular airlines include Vietnam Airlines, China Airlines, and VietJet Air.
2. Visit the official website of the chosen airline or use a reliable travel booking website to check for available flights. Enter your departure airport (in Taiwan) and arrival airport (in Vietnam) along with your preferred travel dates.
3. Once you have found a suitable flight that matches your travel preferences, select it and proceed to the booking page.
4. Provide the required passenger details such as full name, contact information, and passport details.
5. Choose any additional services or extras you may require, such as seat selection, in-flight meals, or baggage allowances. Be aware that there may be additional charges for these services.
6. Review all the provided information, including travel dates, flight times, and passenger details, to ensure accuracy.
7. If satisfied, proceed to the payment page and complete your booking by entering your payment details and confirming the purchase.
8. Once the payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email with your booking details and a booking reference number. Keep this information safe for future reference and check-in procedures.
9. It is recommended to check your flight status closer to the departure date, as there may be updates or changes in flight schedules.
10. On the day of travel, arrive at the airport on time and bring all necessary travel documents, including your passport and Vietnamese visa or health documents.
Remember to check the specific visa requirements for entering Vietnam, as well as any COVID-19 related restrictions or protocols that may be in place at the time of your travel.
5. What are the pros and cons of traveling by air from Taiwan to Vietnam?
- The fastest mode of transportation available
- Convenient and comfortable
- Direct flights available from major Taiwanese cities
- Can be expensive, especially during peak season
- Limited baggage allowance
- Could experience delays or cancellations due to weather or other factors
Traveling from Taiwan to Vietnam can be an exciting adventure if you plan it well. By understanding the different modes of transportation available, the best time to visit, how to book flights, and the pros and cons of each option, you can make an informed decision on the best way to reach Vietnam. Whether you choose to travel by air, train, or bus, Vietnam is waiting for you with open arms.
Q1. Is it safe to travel to Vietnam from Taiwan?
Vietnam is generally a safe country to travel to, and there are no major safety concerns for Taiwanese travelers. However, it’s always important to take normal precautions such as avoiding dark alleys at night and keeping an eye on your belongings.
Q2. Do I need a visa to enter Vietnam from Taiwan?
Yes, as a Taiwanese passport holder, you need a visa to enter Vietnam. You can apply for a visa at the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Taiwan. Alternatively, you can also apply for an e-visa or obtain a visa on arrival if you meet the requirements. It is recommended to check the latest visa requirements and procedures before traveling.
Q3. How long does it take to fly from Taiwan to Vietnam?
The flight duration from Taiwan to Vietnam varies depending on the destination and airline. On average, it takes around 3-4 hours to fly from Taipei to Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi.
Q4. What is the currency used in Vietnam?
The official currency of Vietnam is Vietnamese Dong (VND). However, US dollars are widely accepted in tourist areas, and some hotels and restaurants accept credit cards.
Q5. What are some must-visit places in Vietnam?
Vietnam has many beautiful places to visit, including Ha Long Bay, Hoi An Ancient Town, Nha Trang Beach, and the Mekong Delta. It’s recommended that you research and plan your itinerary in advance to make the most of your trip.