Can foreigners do PCR and/or antigen testing in Vietnam?
1- Development of COVID-19 epidemic in Vietnam
Vietnam currently has more than 100,000 COVID-19 patients being isolated and treated. All passengers must be isolated on arrival and positive cases upon isolation will be immediately transferred to a treatment facility. For more details, please see the website of the Ministry of Health of Vietnam here(https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/).Any individual with symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or who are concerned they have contracted the virus should immediately call Vietnam’s hotline: 19009095.
The online Medical Declaration Form, which is often required when traveling between provinces, when entering public hospitals, or any other case required by the Vietnamese government, is available here. US citizens who have questions about the medical declaration in Vietnam can call the helpline (toll-free) at 18001119 for instructions.
2- Can foreigners do PCR and/or antigen testing in Vietnam?
3- Can test results be provided within 72 hours?
Where can I do the test in Vietnam?Below is a list of units in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang that have confirmed to provide fee-based COVID-19 testing services for people on exit. Test results are usually available within 24 hours. Please note that this list does not include all units, and foreigners should contact these medical centers and hospitals directly with questions. Please have your passport and air ticket ready in case it is required during the booking process. foreigners need to pay testing costs directly: please note that the rates listed below are set by these agencies as of January 15, 2021 and are subject to change without notice.
3a, At Hanoi:
- Hong Ngoc Hospital: Guests can come without an appointment. Results are returned the same day if tested before 9am or the next morning if tested after 9am. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is VND 1,930,000. Please see the website here or call (84-24) 3927 5568 for more information.
- Hanoi French Hospital: Please visit the website here or contact phone number (024) 3577 1100 or email [email protected] for instructions. The fee for the COVID-19 test offered by this unit ranges from VND 2,200,000 to VND 4,300,000 depending on the nationality of the person who comes for the test (Vietnamese or foreign) and the airline you choose.
- VinMec International Hospital: Please contact phone number (024) 397 43556 (Press 1 to select Vietnamese and press 4 to book an appointment) or email [email protected]; [email protected] for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is VND 734,000.
- MEDLATEC: Please visit the website here or call 1900565656 or email [email protected] for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is 999,000 VND.
3b, In HCMC:
- FV Hospital: Please call (028) 5411-3333 for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is 3,400,000 VND.
- Raffles Medical Clinic: Please call (028) 3824 0777 for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is 4,510,000 VND.
- Family Medical Practice: Please call (028) 3822 7848 or email: [email protected] for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is VND 2,700,000.
- Hoan My Saigon Hospital: Please call (028) 3990 2468, or Hotline 0909940669, or email [email protected] for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is 2,200,000 VND.
- Military Hospital 175: Please call 0399 175 175 – (Press 2 for instructions in English). The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is 2,100,000 VND.
- Gia An Hospital 115: Please call (028) 628 85 886 for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is 3,150,000 VND.
3c, In Da Nang:
- Danang CDC Center: Please call (0236) 357 4665 for instructions. The fee for testing COVID-19 this unit offers is VND 734,000.
- Thien Nhan Hospital (Da Nang): Please call (0236) 3568 988 for instructions. The fee for COVID-19 testing offered by this unit is 1,800,000 VND (surcharge of 300,000 VND if requesting results in English)
Test units can return results in a variety of ways. Please contact these units directly for information.
4- Has the Vietnamese government approved the use of any COVID-19 vaccine?
The Government of Vietnam has approved the following vaccines for emergency use in Vietnam: Pfizer (USA), Moderna (USA), Janssen (USA), AstraZeneca (UK-Sweden), Sputnik V (Russia), and Sinopharm (China).
On July 22, the Vietnamese government announced it would approve NanoCovax, the first COVID-19 vaccine made in Vietnam, for emergency use.
5- Can foreigners get any vaccines in Vietnam at the moment?
On July 14, the Vietnamese government launched a website allowing people, including foreigners living in Vietnam, to register for the COVID-19 vaccine online here (tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn).
Currently, this registration website is only available in Vietnamese. If you have any questions about vaccination schedules or technical errors when accessing this website, please contact the Ministry of Health of Vietnam (https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/) directly.
According to the Vietnamese government, there is no commitment that online registration is required to be vaccinated, but applying online will make the vaccination process more convenient and safer than going in person to register. signed at the vaccination facility. The Vietnamese government also made it clear that this online registration site does not allow registrants to have priority vaccination over others; This online registration site only makes it easier for local vaccination facilities to contact registrants when a vaccine is available. The Vietnamese government is still actively vaccinating on a large scale; however, it is not clear how long it will take to get vaccinated.