Best way to apply Vietnam visa in Kunming, Yunnan, China
If you are living or working in Kunming (Yunnan, China), you have a plan to take a visit Vietnam from Kunming, a visa to Vietnam must be prepared. This post will give everything you need to know about how to apply Vietnam visa in Kunming with requirements apply Visa on arrival or Visa at embassy, visa cost and best way a trip to Vietnam.
This guideline is for:
- Chinese citizens in Kunming;
- Foreigners currently traveling or living in Kunming, China;
How to apply Vietnam visa in Kunming?
There are two main options for travellers to get Vietnam visa from Kunming, China:
Option 1: Apply Visa at Consulate of Vietnam in Kunming:
To apply Vietnam visa at Consulate General of Vietnam in Kunming, China; some following documents you should prepare (Mandatory):
- The ordinary passport with 06 month validity (the travel document and emergency passport might be not approved);
- Application form;
- 02 passport photo with 4×6 cm size;
- Visa fee;
- Introduction letter from the trading company based in Vietnam (if you wish to apply business visa);
- An envelope with address (to get your passport back via Post);
Note: Documents might be changed due to the policy of Embassy/ Consulate; you should contact before submission.
Consulate General of Vietnam in Kunming – China
Option 2: Apply Visa on arrival (Recommended):
Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA) is also known as landing visa. It is available for those who are living in Kunming and take the flight to Vietnam. The applicants are not necessary to submit any documents at Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. The process follow 3 simple steps: :
- Complete the online visa application form and payment.
- Receive the pre-approval letter via email within 2 working days or other urgent services based on your demand.
- Prepare required documents to pick up visa stamp upon arrival at Vietnam international airport.
+ (*) Required documents: The print out of pre-approval letter, passport, 01 copy of entry and exit form,02 passport photos and stamp fee;
+ Visa on arrival is just applied for air-travellers.
+ Visa on arrival fee: the service fee for pre-approval letter paid online and stamp fee paid in cash upon arrival at Vietnam international airport
How to visit Vietnam from Kunming?
China Eastern Airlines fly from Kunming to Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi ) once daily . You can take a train from Kunming to Ho Chi Minh City via Hekou North, Sapa Lao Cai, Ha Noi, and Ho Chi Minh City in around 47h 30m.
The ways to get to Ha Noi – Vietnam from Kunming with by plane, train, bus or car, and the fastest way takes just 1h 30m by fly. Find the best way for you.