Repatriation service to Vietnam during COVID-19
Are you Vietnamese stuck in foreign country during COVID-19? You wish to come back to your home country but face many obstacles including complex procedures? Let us erase all barriers to make your way become smoother.
Due to COVID-19, many overseas Vietnamese people wish to come back to their home country but face many obstacles such as the limitation of repatriation flights while the large number of people register to get in.
Beside the repatriation flight from your embassy, overseas Vietnamese can consider the commercial repatriation flight. It is known as the prompt and smart solution which meets up the high demand of those who wish to come back in the shortest time.
We would like to provide you with more detailed information to come back to Vietnam during this time; including, subjects, conditions, procedures, all options for repatriation and repatriation costs.
Priority people for repatriation flight
- The employee has expired contract, lost his job, no longer has income (for 2-3 months or more) but the host country has no conditions to support;
- Students under 18 years old or international students who have completed the course, have difficulty in accommodation/extension of stay;
- Persons over 60 years old with underlying medical conditions wishing to repatriate or reunite with their families;
- Entrepreneurs, intellectuals who are Vietnamese, citizens on short-term exit, are “stuck” in difficulties due to no place to live, financial inability and other particularly difficult circumstances.
Note: The above is only a list of subjects prioritized for repatriation via the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate. If using the commercial repatriation flight, almost all Vietnamese citizens in need can return home.
Conditions for applying for repatriation to Vietnam
- Have a document proving Vietnamese nationality or dual nationality and hold a Vietnamese passport; passport valid for at least 6 months
- Being sponsored by relatives in Vietnam;
- Have a negative test for Covid-19 72 hours before boarding (in English);
- Make an online medical declaration within 24 hours before entry
- Strictly follow health regulations to prevent disease
Methods of Repatriation & Procedures
As mentioned above, there are 2 ways for Vietnamese citizens to return to their homeland
Option 1 – Register the repatriation flight
According to regulations on repatriation during the epidemic season, Vietnamese citizens are on the list of priority and have an urgent need to return to their homeland; they can register directly with the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in the host country.
The procedure to register for repatriation flight is as follows:
- Contact the Vietnam Embassy to catch on opening the registration to return home
- Register via the online link or by email (depending on each Embassy), then send the application to the email address provided by the Embassy
- Wait for the embassy’s confirmation email (only citizens who have registered and sent an email to verify complete information with urgent reasons will be approved – if not approved, no email will be sent back) . The content of the notification in the email includes:
- Information about the time, schedule and location of the flight to Vietnam
- Baggage regulations, both checked-in and hand-carried;
- Procedures for registering to buy airline tickets with the aviation authority.
- Once there is a confirmation email, applicants immediately contact the airline to buy tickets according to the instructions of the Embassy.
Option 2 – Buy a commercial flight
With this option, Vietnamese citizens will actively carry out repatriation procedures according to the following 6-step process
- Step 1: Find a flight to Vietnam
- Step 2: Prepare all necessary documents as prescribed
- Step 3: Submit the application to the Vietnamese Embassy in the host country/Immigration Administration Department or the Ministry of Public Security, the Public Security Department of a province or centrally run city in Vietnam and pay the prescribed fee.
- Step 4: After receiving the entry letter, you need to book a plane ticket, book an isolation hotel, and transport a car from the airport to the quarantine hotel.
- Step 5: Take a Covid-19 test 72 hours before boarding, test again upon entry at Vietnam airport.
- Step 6: Move to the booked hotel and perform a 14-day quarantine there in accordance with the State’s regulations (costs for isolation services will be paid by you).
How much is the repatriation fee?
Vietnamese citizens must pay all relevant repatriation costs, including:
- The cost of repatriation airfare, this cost depends on the airline.
- Expenses for isolation and meals during the isolation period. This cost depends on the type of facility, the hotel is isolated. Currently, people entering Vietnam will have to be quarantined for 14 days or 07 days with citizens who have had 2 full vaccinations.
- Cost of testing in the host country before boarding the plane to Vietnam. This cost varies by country.
- The cost of Covid testing during the quarantine period in Vietnam, this cost is applied according to current Health Ministry’s regulations.
Thus, in order to be able to come back to Vietnam in a difficult time due to the Covid-19 pandemic quickly, you can refer to the information in the article above and if you need detailed advice from the consulting team. our consultant, please contact us immediately.
Frequently asked questions about repatriation service
How long does it take to organize a repatriation flight?
This depends on the country, however, there will normally be 1-2 weekly repatriation flights.
In case, I have registered for a repatriation flight and have COVID-19, what will be the plan?
Unfortunately this is the case and you will definitely have to cancel the entire journey. As a general rule, if from personal reasons, air tickets will be NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CANCELLED. However, if you sign up for a commercial flight; Please contact your dealer for assistance in finding the optimal solution.
If my flight is delayed, what support will I get?
Pay much attention to the updates from your airline or commercial flight agent. A special notice is, with the choice of commercial flights, if the flight is delayed for more than 10 days, you can consider a refund and ask for advice from the best support agent.