1. Tourist Visa: The visa for applicants on holiday or
visiting friends. This Visa can be granted on arrival at Hanoi, HCMC and Danang
2. Business Visa: can be used in the event you go to Vietnam for business purposes. In fact, Vietnam Immigration Department is not strict for the purpose of a visit as long as your citizen background is verified and approved.
3. Visa exemption: Excemptions or applied to citizens of some countries for a limited period of time. The exemption rule is based on the Vietnam Immigration policy with other countries. This is a mutual relationship between Vietnam and foreign countries. To see more details please check out the Vietnam Visa Exemption Information below.
4. Single entry Visa: is allowed to enter and exist one time.
5. Multiple entry Visa: is required in case you plan to enter and exit several times.
6. Visa on Arrival: can not be granted by sea and road border entrance. However, If you apply multiple entry and get Visa stamped at the airports on arrival for the first entry then you can leave country and return by seas or road without any problems. That is simply because Vietnam Visa is already on your passport.
7. Citizen who has nationality of China: can not apply Arrival Visa if flying from China as a Chinese Government rule. Chinese people cannot board if Visa is not already on the passport. However, if people who hold Chinese passports and fly from other country (not China) to Vietnam, you can get Visa at the airports.
8. Appearance influences: Considered very important by Vietnam immigration officials, try and look 'respectable'.
9. Important notice: * Important notice:
Travelers who apply for Visa on Arrival for business purpose or 3 months - singple/multiple entry can only get the Approval Letter within 7 days before the date of arrival. This is a new regulation from the Vietnam Immigration Department - effective from 20th March 2012.
VIETNAM VISA EXEMPTION INFORMATION:
Almost foreign citizens are required to get an entry visa before departure or a pre-approved entry visa (visa is issued upon arrival at Vietnam’s International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam. Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an entry visa:
- No visa required for travel less than 30 days: Citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- No visa required for travel less than 15 days: Citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland.
- No visa required for travel less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months: Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports- No visa required for travel less than 60 days: Citizens of [updating] holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
- No visa required for travel less than 60 days: APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies.